Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Education is Fucked.

As I was digging through my old stuff, I came upon this folder.



It sure did bring back memories of 2006. Not to mention it also managed to shed new light onto some things that might just have been overlooked if it were any other ordinary person looking through it.



Yes. I'm implying that I'm special. Fuck the Copernican principle*.


*For those who STILL do not understand what the principle meant even after looking through Wikipedia's article, it just means that I'm special. :)




There was a series of "l33t (elite)" camps organised by the State Ministry of Education back in 2006. These "elite" camps were went for, well, "elite" students like me (aHAHHahaahah). Each school was required to send a few participants for the camp. If I remembered correctly, I was the wildcard entry. :(
So at these camps, we were basically given a folder like the one you've seen and throughout the duration of the camp there would be seminars conducted. Rooms were shared five to a room. Have I mentioned the rooms suck? The food too.







Ok, so the subjects covered were the Science subjects, English, Additional Maths, and I SERIOUSLY forgot if BM was covered. I wouldn't have given a shit anyway. During those seminars, we the "elite" students were given tips on answering questions.
So as I was looking through the papers, ONE stood out from the rest.


Basically because it didn't have those colorful standard covers like this one.


AND also because it had ENGLISH on its front page. IF you call it english though. Look at this.

The first thing you'll notice is that it is FILLED with red paint. So much so that it'd look better if the whole thing was red.




All in all, I conclude that that ISN'T English. As much as you(Hishamuddin)'d like to deny it, our education is fucked.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more.

Anonymous said...

the "have ability" i dont get it le..wrong ka? the others i know la.or u wan it to be "be able"? donno ><