Saturday, November 1, 2008

Town Hall Meeting with Our ADUN

Hannah Yeoh, the ADUN for my area organized a meeting with the residents of SS18 at the SS18 padang. Yeah, she specifically mentioned "For the residents of SS18 only."



But naturally residents from all the adjacent areas HAD to come, including yours truly. Well, I was actually just following my mum who wanted to go.



Yeah, and like every other Good Ol' Malaysian, we arrived anything but on time. That is a good whole THIRTY minutes late. The 'meeting' had already started by the time we arrived.


Have I mentioned that the location of the meeting was only 500m away?







I've got no idea what happened before I arrived, but it was Q&A session when I got there. Residents took turns voicing out their opinions.






This man was damn tulan about the double parking problem in SS15 (that's where all the banks are). Hannah tried to explain about the 'two types of problem' that lead to double parking. Two of which I didn't buy at all. The first 'problem' is that there is absolutely no parking available and the person has to double park. The second 'problem' is that the person just double parks 'for the lulz'.






This uncle was also damn tulan about the public transport. He complained that public buses RARELY turned into the main road dividing SS14 and SS18. Hannah asked him if he knew "how to lodge a complaint with Metro Bus". Well if he knew he wouldn't be complaining, wouldn't he?






This poor uncle's case was the most kolian one liao. He said people always dumped their garbage in front of his house. Illegally. Bangladeshi grass cutters dumping the cut grass in front of his house. And to cap the whole tulan-ness off, people would dig through the garbage for things they might want, aluminium cans, used syringes, undetonated WWII nukl33r bombs, and leave the garbage all over the place. Hannah advised him to contact MPSJ regarding his problem. Somehow I doubt MPSJ would be efficient enough to react fast enough to catch the culprits…





Did I mention there was food? But since I had a lousy camera in my hands I couldn't take any food or risk spilling it all over the camera. The pictures aren't really clear, but what the hell do you expect when you're using ISO 1600 without a flash, well some with.




Some people were still so excited about Hannah Yeoh ans stayed around to bug her even after the event was over.


Yeah, the meeting was held in a playground...area.


2 comments:

Wayne said...

There was this one time, I was about to leave after parking at SS15. For some reason (forgot) I just sat in the car for a minute or two. Another car waited behind me the whole time. Poor bastard was blocking the entire road and getting honked at! XD

You should be glad your camera even has an ISO 1600 setting.

Xiang Ning said...

you ebil ebil boy. But the 40D has ISO 3200 :(