Sunday, May 16, 2010

Kiang To Ho Mai Keh Kiang

My title in Hokkien, literally translated it means "Enough if you're smart, don't need to pretend to be smart". Or simply, no need to show off.

I was playing basketball (and testing my fucked up chronic left ankle) in the evening at a nearby court in SS18. While in a game, out of nowhere a ball flew into the left side of my face. And resulted in CARNAGE.

You can even see the outline of the frame of my spectacles!

Close up view of the damage. Quite a bit of blood flowed out.

The miracle that emerged out of this carnage was that my spectacles was perfectly FINE. It wasn't even bent or scratched. Now I know the question in your minds right now. Just HOW did it happen? Well, I know for a fact half of you all will get bored when they see a wall of text. So I'm presenting the chain of events in my self drawn Paint pictures!

The ball was flying out of the court, near my teammate (I'm the one with the specs, duh).


Smartass had the brilliant idea of flying out and saving the ball by throwing it back in play, only he severely overestimated his strength.

Now I can go on and on about Newton's Laws about Inertia and Momentum, but that'll take the whole day. Screw that, one generally knows that it is harder to throw a ball backwards when it is moving forwards, and it'll take much more to throw the ball HIGH UP backwards.
Because Smartass overestimated his strength, his ball went flying straight into my face instead of into the air and back into play. And because I wasn't looking at the ball at that time, I had no time whatsoever to react.

The lesson of the story, boys and girls, is do NOT overestimate your strength. Just because you saw me doing the same move doesn't mean that you can do it too. I have far more strength, smartass.
Anyways, boys and girls, do not overestimate your strength. It's better to let the ball go out of play than throwing a ball straight into someone's face and causing severe blood loss (ok, so I exaggerated a LITTLE bit). Kiang To Ho Mai Keh Kiang.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

This is a message for the webmaster/admin here at xnlai.blogspot.com.

Can I use part of the information from this post right above if I give a link back to your site?

Thanks,
Harry

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be offline... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if someone here at xnlai.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Thomas

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing this link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at xnlai.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Cheers,
Alex