Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I lost half a kilo in ONE DAY. Ask me HOW!

Donating blood.

Aww….thinking you could lose some easy kilos without undergoing sweaty and sticky exercise? Think again. :D



The National Blood Institute came to my campus a few days ago to er, harvest fresh young blood. J Why not, I thought. Afterall I have never donated blood before this. A friend and I decided to try it today. To the others that just would NOT join us, it's your loss.



A quick filling up of forms included questions such as "Have you had sex with another man before?" and "Do you have multiple sexual partners?" A quick blood test was required. For the test, the medical officer used a spring-powered needle to prick our finger to induce bleeding. That part, the blood test part actually hurt mildly. I was wondering if the actual blood donation would be something like that.



The fat-assed needle that the nurse was swaying around my face didn't help a single bit.

The whole thing was over in a mere ten minutes (registration took fifteen). Turned out that the MOST PAINFUL (Yesh, imagine HELL) part of the whole procedure was the blood testing.


The government, yes, the one people are cursing at, actually has a kind of 'reward' scheme for donors. Turns out that I get to enjoy free outpatient treatment and free medical treatment for 10 years in a first class ward and for the rest of my life after 10 years in the first class ward in a second class ward. Forty-nine more times till free medical treatment for life….



Did I mention they even gave a Sijil*?

*Certificate

Harvard should accept me now….


Anyways, a community message, Go donate blood. Painful it is, not. You're saving lives by doing so. Your friggin plasma will regenerate in 2 to 3 days, red-blood cells within a month. For you doubters, there has NEVER been a case of death resulting in donating.









And did I mention that they give free food for donors?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

o.O tak sakit meh..