Saturday, March 6, 2010

Time Flies Like An Arrow, Fruit Flies Like A Banana

If you're still scratching your head over my title, I'll give you a hint. Fruitflies? :)

It feels like barely a week has passed. As I am typing this post, I will have been here for my industrial training for exactly three (3) months. And what a three months it has been. At first before starting my training, I had apprehension that 3 months might be a tad too long. Before this I used to laugh at how long my fellow UTP (Universiti Teknologi Petronas) friends that their training was too obscenely long. Yet today as I sit in front of my (new) screen and reflect, I must admit I do feel that 3 months might have been a tad too SHORT. Oh the irony...

Within three months I've come to known many new acquaintances, in the office and out of it. In the office it is these new friends that have taught and guided me when I (wasn't lost, duh) had questions about the company. Outside the company too, I had my badminton and mealtime buddies. Some of these acquaintances have grown on me, some remain but acquaintances. Let's blame the three months for being too short for knowing you guys better.

In no particular order, I will now attempt to do an Oscar winner-ish thank you list to my new friends. (To those whose names might have been left out, it's not that I don't thank you, but seriously the list will be neverending if I did so, but thanks a million to you guys too!)

Thanks to:

  • Wei Zhu and your quirky sense of humour (and FMA:Brotherhood), btw the Myvi IS a good car
  • Ang for your guidance in the office (and plant), I'd still be fumbling in SAP if it wasn't for you :P
  • Wong (not Thomas) for driving us soo often to Hup Seng, AND for answering my questions when I asked them.
  • Kua (please don't call him Ah Kua, it sounds wrong) for teaming up with me to bully Wei Zhu. Hahahah
  • Tim and your infinite resource of games and movies, it's been great knowing you and YEAH, MALE POWER!!!! (don't let your gf see this)
  • Qi Hua for (driving me to KL and back, although I did pay :P) basically being a great friend. Without you Tim wouldn't have anyone to vent his "MCP-ism" at. =P
  • Jarryd for (letting me drive your Satria Neo (bracket within a bracket, LEUNG KEET IF YOU'RE READING THIS, PROTON POWAH!)) and er..eating breakfast with me twice?
  • and to all the others who've all been great company. Kerteh wouldn't be as fun without you guys!

Oops I think I hear the orchestra playing (the one which lets people know they've exceeded their 45second limit)..which means time to end this thank you speech.

It's kinda bittersweet, the feeling I'm feeling right now. On one hand I'm really excited that I'd be going back to school, yet on the other I feel heavy-hearted to leave all these great friends behind. Ying Yang anyone?

I came here without knowing anyone (bar my dad), and tomorrow I leave behind a bunch of great friends. A sincere thank you to you all, from the bottom of my heart. (The statement "May we meet again" holds no substance here, we're in the 21st century. The world is a much much much much smaller place, limited only by our laziness.) We WILL meet again in the near future.

My netbook, purchased in my first month of training


Ah, the sweet carcinogenic aroma of freshly brewed EDC and VCM, I will miss you a lot.



This freeware actually tracks mouse movement and records it as a picture file. Search "IOGraph" in Google.



Well the plane is self explanatory. It symbolizes my return to KL.



6 comments:

kerbaurider said...

=) What a nice goodbye post, I would normally resolve to the usual human good bye, drive safely or the conventional good luck but today I'll settle with:

Live Long and Prosper. [^_^]V

Xiang Ning said...

\\//,
Live Long and Prosper

TheLulu said...

i would like to know this Tim character.. i'd like his endless resource of games and movies =)

KLK1989 said...

Maybe your friend's Satria Neo is 1.6 litre Campro CPS. Now that's what I called power. Not the ordinary Campro with IAFM. Plus mine one was 1.3 litre Campro IAFM Auto tranny...mana ada power punya?

Jessica said...

such an interesting albeit touching way to say goodbye. loved the last statement about "may we meet again". how true. even if didn't meet, there's such a thing called buku muka. or kiciran-burung. no wonder laziness infested.. :)

Might come back soon to read your older posts to fill up any free time i have. slash that; i will.

Qihua said...

*waves and smile brightly*

Yea i knw i'm great :P Hehe. But I am still regretting the fact I did not tutored you well enuff to *ahem*. So next time when I go clubbing, pls tag along! :P