Saturday, June 21, 2008

Redang Class Trip Part 1



After an excruciating month of exams, what better way to celebrate both our graduation and the end of exams than a class trip?


This may sound narcissist, but I claim credit for organizing this trip. Not forgetting the financial consultant Kein Yip, and the useless financial er..provider, Kok "I drive unlike a pro" Shen®. Without them there wouldn't be no class trip. So thank them, but before that thank me. J



Photos? There's too many to show. So I'll just pick a few of the more special ones.


Here we are waiting agonizingly for the frickin train that almost never came. It was a good 40minutes before it finally arrived. Remember to remind me never to arrange any trips with KTM trains again.




I personally had little or no problems with the bus trip being at night.
The bus stopped for gas at some random station somewhere in the middle of the highway.
Smart people like me took the opportunity for a quick toilet visit.




I projected the arrival time to be around 6am. The bus driver thought otherwise. He made it to the Kuala Terengganu bus terminal a good hour and twenty minutes ahead of my estimation. We got into the resort's resthouse awaiting the van(s) that would transfer us to the jetty.



It's just the first day, and these buggers are already looking dead.




Except for this one.





The jetty was a good 40 minutes drive away. We had to once again wait for the speedboats to be loaded up and fuelled before we could board it.
By this time those buggers that were looking dead before this were anything but dead. They saw tiny fishes in the waters and got all excited about it.









On the surface, nothing much changed in the 3 years since I last visited the island. The white sands, the clear blue waters…


When we arrived on the island, once again some buggers jumped off the boat and ran towards the beach like monkeys, totally forgetting that they'd brought along LUGGAGES.


We had to shout to them to come back and take their own luggages.



Not putting on sunscreen will only lead to PAIN.

That being said, I was the ONLY JACKASS that got severely sunburned and tanned. The reason? 'Cause that VOICE in my head told me not to wear a lifejacket when going snorkeling.



You know what, I just lost all will to write anything. So I'll make this into a 2-part post.

1 comment:

KLK1989 said...

I am the first monkey to jump off the boat without even think about my belongings. I was fascinated by the clear sea water and smooth sandy beach and even forgot that this Redang resort wasn't a 5 star hotel. =D