Sunday, June 15, 2008

Renaissance KL

*I'll be away for holiday for a few days. So my blog will not be updated. There there, no crying now. :)


It was where our Cambridge A Levels Graduation Ball@Prom would be held. Kok "I drive like a pro" Shen wanted desperately to "EXPERIENCE" staying in a 5-star hotel.

Before I start, I would like to bring to light a probable scam by either the College or the Student Committee. Since Kok Shen® wanted so badly to stay in the hotel, I asked my dad to book a standard room for a night. He could book it using some points that he had. After he booked, he informed me that the Standard room was RM250/night.

I had a little chat with one of my lecturers. He told me that there was an OFFER for us students going to the Prom. A DISCOUNTED RATE of ONLY RM380. I nodded and smiled indifferently like a jackass. I even asked if the room was a Standard room. Yes was the reply.

There you go. Scam. The so called SPECIAL DISCOUNTED rate was a vulgar 52% more than the normal price of RM250/night. Now I wonder WHOSE pocket the money would've gone to.

So to those who paid RM380 for t3h room, j00 got 0wn3D, b@d1y.
And to Kok, you shall now bow and kiss my feet in gratitude for saving you a grand total of…er…a significant amount.

Ok then. Renaissance®. A full FIVE star. Probably one of the top hotels in the country. The building is divided into 2 sections. East and West Wing. Don't ask me why, probably if a bomb goes off in one wing, the other one will still stand? :D

Part of the East Wing lobby, with its big ass shining marble/granite staircase.


With big assed Grand Pianos lying everywhere as well. I counted at least 4 in the first 2 floors alone.


Not only big assed Grand Pianos. They have HUGE-assed Chandeliers hanging from just about everywhere as well.

Apart from the lobby, hotel layouts are pretty generic. From exotic designs on elevator doors,


To the corridors leading to the rooms,


To the rooms themselves.
The only thing fucked up about the room is that TV. EVERYTHING in the hotel was either big-assed or HUGE-assed. What happened to my TV being a ENORMOUS-ASSED PLASMA TV?


When I spread open the curtains, this STARED me in da face.

Having stayed in quite number of hotels before, NONE of their views out of the window matched this.





Amongst everything else, with the exception of the friggin TV, this shower looks the cheapest. Somehow it just doesn't fit the environment.


In KL, there isn't a lot of area where one can still see lush greenery.

i 0wN3D j00!111oneone11! I ham +@ll32 than j0o. j00 G0tz pwnd.
* For those of you mere Earthlings that don't understand l33t, The author was mocking Concorde Hotel that he was in a building taller than it.




At night, there was this sight to behold.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

o.O nice view!!!! last time our prom also held at a 5 stars hotel..but for me,it doesnt even looks like a 3 stars hotel..and their food is quite terrible..we din stay overnight so no comments on thier rooms.lucky uu

Anonymous said...

I bet Kok was excited at the shape of KL Tower looking vaguely similar to something. *HINT*phallus*HINT*

Anonymous said...

almost identical from my hostel...

girly man said...

lol..it's just a tower..what else did you have in mind?