Wednesday, January 28, 2009

MASux®


Our national flag carrier, Malaysia Airlines was formed in 1947 as Malayan Airways.
62 years on, its services are still…let's call it mediocre to be kind-er.

MASkargo, MAS' cargo division.

What should be MAS' new logo.


We, my family and yours truly had an 11.55am flight out from Sibu to KLIA this morning. What I'd hoped would be a routine Baggage scan-Check
in-Board-Fly-Land without crashing flight turned out to be otherwise.

A normal check in would take at most 10 minutes, 20 with the queue. Now let's have some illustrations.

This was our position in the queue initially, marked with the green arrows.



And this was where we were a good 30 minutes later.


Oh now did I just post the same picture twice?
That's because we didn't move at ALL. That INEPT officer(Teh red arrow) got held up with some ticketing problem with a fellow passenger. See how I didn't blame the passenger? That's because that dumb officer should have known how to deal with the problem. In the end we re-queued at another counter, which was light speed compared to the Mr. Inept's counter.


I know I shouldn't blame MAS for that Mr. Inept's fault, but it could mean that MAS has lousy staff training =D That was problem number 1.

Problem number 2

They broke the strap of my fcuking bag. And although they promised to call me when I went to complain, fat chance they actually will.


Problem number 3
Ok, this isn't really a problem.

MAS is getting too caught up with the cost-cutting measures. The quality and presentation of their food has deteriorated into hell in recent years.

They used to serve food on plastic platters, and I think that made the food look nicer. Now that they've switched to paper boxes, I seem to notice every single fault.
Portions used to be larger.

I bet prison food looks better than this. And that looked like a piece of lizard shit sitting right on top of my rice which overwhelmed my not-so-spicy chicken into a corner.


We used to be civilized, eating with metal forks and spoons. Back then sitting in MAS used to mean that you were a notch above them "AirAsiaPeople".

Now, with hospital-ish cups like that, sitting in MAS would mean that you're one of the slow ones that couldn't be bothered to book your Air Asia tickets earlier and had to settle for what was available at the last minute.


A nice view, the only thing good about the flight, no thanks to MAS.

They even tried to ruin it with dirty windows =(



Problem number 4
Okaaaaaaayyyy…I know this isn't really a problem, rather more of a personal preference =D but I'll say it anyways.
MAS changed the colours of their seats not too long ago to promote a not-so-dull image.

Now you must be wondering, just where in the world you've seen something similar before..
Here maybe I can help.





7 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL @ the wtfisthisfaggottree.jpg

typical /b/tard's picture. XD

Anonymous said...

me poor ppl only went for MAS once..1st impression was that the cabin looks much dirtier and older than airasia's..and not that spacious?nothing i like except the air attendants..really like their politeness..aha..personal opinion.

Anonymous said...

MAS was good =(

Xiang Ning said...

Yeah, MAS was good.

~Blur Principessa~ said...

LOL @ tree

JLow said...

Hi Xiang Ning,

I am responding for MAS.

We cannot find your details in our system on this said flight- what name did you book under?

Similarly, did you make a report over your damaged baggage?

Can you call us at 03 7840 4501 and ask to speak to Putri with these details please. We can help you with all the points raised above.

Thanks
John

Xiang Ning said...

Oh lulz Papa Bear haz spoken.
Yesh I did report the damaged bag at Sibu airport the very moment I saw that it was damaged.
The guy said 'they' will contact me soon about my bag. Yeah right...