Sunday, May 4, 2008

Regarding My Prom Night




Last Wednesday, 2 Indians carrying a poster about the A Levels Graduation Prom came waddling into our class. They were preaching from class to class, informing us about the prom nite. According to them, the price for each individual person wishing to buy an individual ticket was RM120. And IF, IF we were to buy the whole table, we could get it for RM1000. With that they left. Oh but hell did they managed to buzz our class up. That got everyone excited.


What happened TODAY was PREPOSTEROUS. A friend of mine, who knows someone in the Prom Committee, said that the price was RM1300 per table and RM130 per person.


My fucking RM300 discount per table vanished with his statement. Being who I am, of course I couldn't let this pass without a go at it.


I found out that the Prom Committee was working at a loss. They couldn't get enough sponsors, so the remaining costs of the prom would've to come from ticket sales.


I even talked to my friend's friend, yeah, the one in the committee. I DEMANDED to know why they dispatched those 2 preachers from class to class, MISINFORMING everyone. BUDDEN HOR, BUDDEN HOR, according to the person in the committee, she said that the committee NEVER SENT THOSE TWO BUGGERS. Trust me, to some people, a RM30 increase would be more than a burden for them.


Me? I honestly don't give a shit about the extra RM30. It's about the principle. You don't go around from class to class telling people that the price is RM100 today, then tomorrow you decide that you're running low on funds, so POOF, you increase the price to RM130. And about the claim that the committee NEVER sent those 2 bugger, I downright don't believe it. IF, IF THEY were fake, I doubt that they'd have the balls to waddle from class to class, preaching herecy to everyone.


And this friend of my friend even went as far as to ask me to DESCRIBE the 2 indian guys. When I didn't reply her online, she CALLED me. As IF I can remember what they looked like. Let's see…two eyes, a nose, a mouth. Oh yeah, and since they're Indians, so dark skin tone?


Come on lah, first of all, they didn't seem suspicious at all, and it's already 4 days. I've more or less forgotten how they look like.


And this shit happened, it isn't wholly the Prom Committee's fault. When I asked why didn't the committee put the prices of the tickets ON the poster that they stuck up everywhere around college, I was told that THE COLLEGE DIDN'T ALLOW IT.


ZOMG. This conspiracy just turned level 2.


FIRST OF ALL, the college WOULDN'T sponsor the prom. Wait a minute, doesn't that mean THE COLLEGE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS PROM? But still, you have to buy the tickets FROM THEIR OFFICE. I LOL'D upon knowing this.


Then they don't allow PRICES to be printed on flyers? What's up with this? Well, one thing's for sure, this means that the College COULD, and I said COULD, change the price if they wanted to and no one would know. Come to think of it, the WHOLE incident was triggered BECAUSE of this.


IF there were prices printed, then the 2 people wouldn't go from class to class making that announcement.


I started a chain message calling for a boycott on the prom. Yeah, I admit, I made a mistake in saying that the price for an individual ticket was RM140. Yeah, and once I realized that mistake, I sent ANOTHER text informing the others about the mistake.


I know that what I've done has caused a lot of flames. People everywhere are questioning what I've done. I'm just doing what I feel I should do. And IF, IF somehow the prom gets fucked, it could either be:-



  • I'm great

  • They know I'm right

  • Only 8 people are going to the prom

Whatever I've written up there, it's up to you to believe what is right and what is wrong. I'm just voicing out my opinion. After all this is a free country.

7 comments:

Potato said...

I support you.
You're no wrong....
Face it confidently.... Everything will be fine.

Anonymous said...

many cooks spoil the broth.our prom committee is quite messed up too but luckily we were still be able to make it.

Anonymous said...

rm120 per individual, and 10 for 100. lol. and we need to bersihkan the prom committee.

Anonymous said...

thanks to mary ng a.k.a. fucker of DUH century,this incident almost destroyed my 18 months wait.

Xiang Ning said...

you fuckers who comment better leave your name. If there's one thing I don't like it's not knowing who the hell commented.

Anonymous said...

Lets just say im your number one fan...

Anonymous said...

actually, mismanagement and miscommunication always happen when the colleges (any colleges) organize some events, and it is fully in-charge by a bunch of students (i am assuming that the organizing committees for your college's prom are students)

students, of course just being students have no experience at all in event management. what's more if that particular event is a large scale one like graduation prom. and sad to say, most event is always being held at the end of a semester , hence organizing committees who are also students are busy with exams, hence no time to really monitor everything. the lack of time is because things are done last minute and in rush, and without proper deadline to follow.

trust me, taylor's is not the only college facing this problem. inti too. and they fucked up more than taylor's. and my company being one of their sponsors, definitely will not be sponsoring again next year. and also will not be sponsoring any other events being organized by students from any other colleges.

we can only conclude that the management quality is not really there. imagine that we the sponsor, upon reaching there on the event nite, had to help them out with some "inconveniences" that they faced. and as usual the finger-pointing and blaming game got started among themselves, and heck everybody was so busy blaming everybody, and not a single soul cared to find a solution. until one point i couldn't tahan and i took on the lead and told them how to solve the prob.

enough said.