Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Men(Read LXN) can cook


Whoever that said that men are lousy cooks are bullshitting. Look at all the famous cooks, ie. Jamie Oliver, Curtis Stone, Gordon Ramsay, Chef Wan, LXN (Soon to be, soon to be :D), they're all DUDES.


Ok ok, before someone starts with that sexist rubbish, I'm not saying that the Men > Women. I'm merely just naming a few dudes to support my point. Of course there are plenty of good women chefs, ie. ...Er…..Er……ER……pssst, hey editor, GIMME A FEW WOMEN CHEFS' NAMES.


So, once again I was alone at home one fine day. SUDDENLY, SUDDENLY, suddenly I got hungry. :P Heck I thought, I'll just make my famous fried rice again. While preparing the ingredients, I suddenly recalled something.




I had this Nasi Goreng Pattaya not too long ago at some mamak.

So why not, I figured, might as well try making something like that. So...


Here's what I got

I dug to no avail for 10 minutes in my fridge for some lousy parsley to decorate the top of my Nasi Goreng Pattaya with. Improvisation time……. That badass thing on top of my rice is actually CELERY leaves. But I bet no one would know if I didn't tell.



OK OK MUM. YOU'd KNOW. HAPPY?

I was about to dig in when SUDDENLY, SUDDENLY, SUDDENLY, suddenly I remembered I hadn't washed my hands. :P



Then I thought about that picture again.


And compared it with mine

Hmm….something's not right with my food. Oh YEA, some chilli SAUCE on my egg. And in order not to be called a copycat, I had to come up with something special, something that I can call my own.





Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

KLK1989 said...

Nice one Ning. Your's way better than the mamak stall one. Hope you will be the most famous chef in the years to come. Seriously, if you can cook that well, I should honor you a Master with Honors in Culinary Arts and Cooking. Have fun learning to cook in your holidays. Don't feel so "Ko Lian" about no people wrote comments on my blog site. I don't demand or force people to write comments on my site, it's just my daily or weekly diary that can be viewed by almost everyone. That's natural, even my friends blog site not really many of their friends wrote comments on their site. Lastly, I know like toy car. Who cares? It's just my interest on collecting Ferrari model toy car. Who knows, one day I might have a collection of real Ferrari cars in the future. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! 2nd cooking-related topic. I wish to cook too, but so far I know how to cook maggi only xD.
Btw you holiday now? I'm a little bit sad that our schooling schedule are totally different, leading us to have difficulty in meeting each other even when I was in KL the day before.
And, "we" will support your blog by commenting what is necessary. Maybe a comment may seem too little to me, but I hope it contributes as a support for you to write further.
*I hope to see this blog alive during my year3sem3 /gg

Anonymous said...

The above named is me. xD sry once again.