Friday, April 18, 2008

Whey Is Not The Cheating Way

Let's go into some history.
If you hadn't already known, Whey is the by-product of cheese production. In other words, the WASTE generated by the production of stinkin' cottage cheese.
Until recently, the waste product generated during this production would either be :-
  • Incinerated
  • Fed to the pigs

Then scientists found a way to isolate the "useful" strings of protein from the supposed "waste product", deriving Whey protein. The high concentrations of protein in Whey(protein) has made it extremely popular amongst bodybuilders and other athletes.

Here's where our lesson ends, and my rants begin.

After being lectured and nagged by Sean for an EXTREMELY long time and because I myself was curious, I decided to try this wonderful Whey shit out.
I did exactly what the motherfucker in me would do. I went BIG the very first time. Despite the various sizes available, I got one of the biggest sizes around. Five bloody pounds of Double Rich Chocolate mix that would last me a good 77 days.


When some people first heard of me buying Whey, they were like, "Aiya, what eat that drug?" . Or "Natural better la, don't cheat lah." This is the main reason why I'm writing this post. To clear things out.

If Whey was indeed a "drug", it wouldn't be legal. And yes, being natural is the best, Whey is 100% natural. Heck it's derived from COW's MILK. You'd be better off screaming to a toddler who is sucking on his milk bottle,"DON'T DRINK THAT! NATURAL BETTER LA, DON'T CHEAT LAH".

Ever experienced this? After exercising, the next day your whole body, or at least the body part which you used the most the day before would hurt like hell. I have been taking this shit for about 2 weeks now. One of the immediate things I noticed was that my muscles no longer hurt after working out. I figured all that protein in my whey drink helped accelerate my muscle recovery. No, I'm not kissing the feet of the Whey God yet, this COULD very well be a placebo effect.



According to the Dietary Rederence Intake guidelines, women aged 19-70 need to consume a minimum of 46 grams of protein/day, while for men the minimum is 56g/day. To all aspiring anorexics out there, my whey contains 24g of protein, that's 42.86% of your daily requirement. So 2 glasses of my protein drink is all you need to avoid being malnutrished.*



*This is a reminder by the editor, Tan Ah Beng. LXN was merely talking rubbish when he said that. He strongly advices for aspiring anorexics NOT to follow what he said. LXN will not be responsible for what happens if anyone tries it.


It's also economical. 24g of extra protein at around RM2.73 per serving.I'm not saying it's cheap. Let's compare.

  • Big Mac - 26g -RM5(comes with Heart Disease, Diabetes, High Cholestrol and Obesity)
  • Cheeseburger - 15g - RM4
  • Fillet-O-Fish - 15g - RM4
  • Large Fries - 4g - RM3(comes with Heart Disease)

As you can see, every SINGLE one of them is more expensive than Whey, not to mention you'll die faster too.

So to all anti-Whey motherfuckers out there, find something else to be Anti against. You won't win in the argument to prove that Whey is bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I knew what whey is, thanks for clearing it out.
What can I say is, this is a very good persuasive post with evidence you've provided.
Btw, I don't like the imeen, please consider noob user like me have a poor bandwidth over here, and it takes forever to load your page.
OR, don't put it autostart, unless you want everyone listen to it = )

Anonymous said...

o.O then maybe after i finish my weight gainer(another 2 weeks to go)i should try that..xD